Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on May 10th and the government’s more detailed advice for childcare settings, our plan for a safe return is progressing at pace. We expect to reopen our nursery on Monday 1 June, subject to no further Government changes and there being sufficient demand.
Our approach to reopening First Nursery has been guided with safety and flexibility in mind, and we remain committed to a seamless transition from home to nursery for you and your children.
To secure our valuable nursery team’s jobs, we now need to know your current and future childcare requirements and are asking for you to re-enrol your child, or let us know if your situation has changed and you either no longer need childcare or need to make a change to your original booking pattern.
Please complete this form, to confirm your requirements or situation. Where you re-enrol your child, your place will be booked and your start date and booking pattern will be as detailed by you, unless we contact you to make necessary changes.
All parents are required to complete this process to secure your place, even if your child is still attending nursery (e.g. if you are a key worker or a parent of a vulnerable child). We are aware that many other childcare providers will sadly not be reopening their doors meaning that demand will be high and we wish to reassure you that we will be prioritising places for our existing families.
As we move to this next important stage we must remember that the virus has not gone away and we know that we have a very important part to play in ensuring our nursery is as safe as it can be for your child’s return. Government guidance asks that you do not attend our nursery, if you or anyone in your household has a temperature or a new continuous cough.
Safety is always our priority, and as you would expect we are taking the following measures and controls to help reduce the risk:
- Monitoring symptoms and undertaking temperature checks of children, staff and visitors on arrival at our nursery to ensure that those displaying symptoms of Covid-19 do not attend
- Putting in place social distancing measures to reduce contact between different age groups and rooms without eliminating the care and support we give to the children
- Continuing with our excellent personal hygiene practices with regular hand washing for everyone throughout the day
- Continuing our robust cleaning practices with antiviral products in all areas of the nursery and carrying out more regular cleans on touch points and commonly used areas
- Reducing the number of visitors we allow in the nursery
- Removing resources from rooms, such as water, sand play doh. Also reducing soft toys. This will help reduce contamination.
We very much hope to be open on the 1st of June, however as you will know the situation is unfolding day to day right now and we will inform you if there is a change to this plan. We will also be keeping our website and Facebook page up to date.
You will find our FAQs on reopening and measures taken here, but should your question remain unanswered please contact us through our website.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you and your children back to First Nursery and appreciate your patience and continued support as we prepare to reopen over the coming weeks.
Kautar Fisher, Managing Director